STATUTE OF ASTEL
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
“Telecommunications Association”, hereinafter referred to as “the Association” has been founded at a Constituent Assembly, held on 10th of April, 2002 in Sofia. The By Laws is an integrated part of the Minutes of the Constituent Assembly.
(1) The Association shall be a non – profit legal entity under the jurisdiction of the Act of the non – profit legal entities.
(2) The Association shall be a separate entity apart of its members and shall be responsible towards third parties with its property.
(3) The members of the Association are not answerable for the latter’s liabilities.
(1) The name of the Association is the “Telecommunications Association” (ASTEL).
(2) The name of the Association and its emblem (logo), together with the city of its principal office and the address shall, be printed on all documents of the Association in the respective language.
Headquarters and registered address
(1) The principal office of the Association shall be in the city of Sofia.
(2) The registered address of the Association shall be in the city of Sofia, 64, “Gen. Gurko” Str., fl.4
Purposes of the Association
(1) The objective of the Association is:
1. To introduce to the competent authorities amendments concerning the regulation of the activities of the trade companies working in the sphere of telecommunications and national carriers;
2. To promote and assist the development of professional and solidarial relationship among trade companies working in the sphere of telecommunications and national carriers, members of the Association, as well as to work for the endorsement of their good image;
3. To promote the inclusion of members of the Association in EC programs;
4. To promote the improvement of the professional qualification of the members of the Association;
5. To create channels of links and an ongoing dialogue between the Association and authorities in Bulgaria, branch ministries, the Telecommunications regulatory Commission, etc., as well as to take part in or collaborate with international organizations with similar purposes and activitiesp;
6. To introduce to the competent authorities documents concerning the protection of the interests of its members;
7. To promote the creation of an information society working on the problems of the trade companies in the sphere of telecommunications and national carriers;
Activities of the Association
(1) To attain its purposes the Association shall:
1. assist its members in their relations with the Telecommunications regulatory Commission and other competent authorities, public or non-profit organizations;
2. submit opinion and judgment on drafts of laws or other statutory documents, which regulate telecommunications activities;
3 collect and keep information funds, organize the usage of Bulgarian and foreign information sources;
4. use different information media to assist and popularize its activity and the activity of its members;
5. draw into service technical, law, financial or other experts and organize special committees that might be useful and work for the purposes and activity of the Association and its members;
6. assist its members and other interested persons in establishing useful business contacts, collects, processes and provides information about other carriers, companies and entities in Bulgaria and abroad working in the sphere of telecommunications;
7. advise and assist its members in obtaining protection and assistance when their legal rights and interests have been violated and threatened;
8. keep a register of its members, as well as provide information and issue certificates to interested persons;
9. organize meetings, symposia, seminars, colloquia;
10. take part in or collaborate with international organizations with similar purposes and activities;
11. set up and/or make use of funds and manage such funds in pursuance of its purposes;
Defining the Activity of the Association
(1)The Association shall provide its activity for its private benefit, shall use its property in pursuance of its purposes and shall work for the achievement of mutual and successful relations with the public administration and for the endorsement of its good image and the image of its members.
(2) The property and the income of the Association’s activities shall be used solely for pursuit of the objectives as described here above and no part there-of shall be paid directly or indirectly, as a dividend or profit t the members of the Association.